I don't know if this is allowed, but I figured, "eh, what the heck?" If it's not I'll understand if it's deleted. I just figured I'd put in my two-cents.
This is MY top ten list of Ukes, with one being the most Uke. I hope I don't get stoned for this. *sweatdrop*
10. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho) (I have a feeling that I may be the only one on earth who thinks of him as even remotely uke, but please hear me out befor you dismiss me!)I have mixed feelings about this one, and the contradictions in his character are what ranks him last on my list. There are just so many! On one hand I don't see him as necessarily willing to bottom. He's mouthy, he's arrogant, he's snide, and he's got the dark, angsty, huge-chip-on-the-shoulder image going on which is nearly always the trademark of a Seme. So why is he even on this list? Well I'm getting to that. He's also short(-_-;)(which isn't even an issue, really, as he doesn't seem to care and the only one who really comments on it is Kuwabara) and so fucking cute and utterly tragic in a way that makes me want to snuggle him. He keeps people at a distance because he's had such a hard life and is afraid of getting hurt again(at least that's my opinion) While not kind or anything of the like, he is nearly blindly loyal to--and willing to do just about anything for-- those lucky enough to call him a friend. There's just something about him(probably the inferiority complex *sweatdrop*)... I can't see him in any position other than uke, either. Not even with Kurama...
9. Amano Ginji (GetBackers) Can you say gorgeously cute? As in super kawaii? He's got the looks, he's got the sunny disposition(which is a mask of course, for the most part. Aren't they all?), and he's got the past. He's blond for the love of God!<--** It was love at first site the second I saw him. He's just so cute. He's low(high?) on the list, because this is an uke list, and I can't see him willing to be on bottom all the time. He is definately uke material--just not quite as uke as the ones that come next.
**btw, the only one this doesn't work for, as far as I am aware, is Eiri Yuki.(obviously ^.^;)
8. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) He is the epitome of what some like to refer to as the 'reluctant uke' because he's such an all-fired badass in spite of his uke traits. He definitely likes to be in control of his own fate, which is seen time and time again. This puts him lower on the list than I think he technically deserves, but I had to make room for some of the much uke-er bishis. Like Hiei, he's...er... vertically challenged...(read: really short), --which doesn't necessarily denote uke-ness anymore, but he's so defensive about it--he's a loud mouth, he's blond, and he's got the whole depression thing going on. The automail doesn't hurt either...
7. Tsukiyono Omi (Weiss Kreuz) Lessee... I just really like him, ^^; He does have uke qualities, such as being really super bishounen. Like, one of the most bishounen guys ever. He's the youngest in the group, he's a hacker, and he's sooooo innocent it makes my heart want to melt. He also likes to hang out with older guys. *wink* the reason he isn't higher (er...lower I guess) on the list is because I really don't know that much about him other than what I've read and seen on the internet. He looks the part, and from what I can tell, he acts it but I have to see for myself before I could put him further up(down?). I'm anxiously awaiting the dvd I ordered.
6. Shiozu Mitsuo (Eerie Queerie) A no brainer. Seems like all the boys have a crush on poor Mitsuo. He's unforgivably adorable and endearingly naive, two of the most hardcore neccessities for being an uke. He's also lonely and though he doesn't wallow in angst, he does have his share. He just wants to be loved and is so glad that he finally has friends. I just love him to pieces. I'd put him higher on the list but I like the others where they are.
5. Sumeragi Subaru (Tokyo Babylon) This one's a bit on the angsty side. Okay, a lot on the angsty side--but in the cutest, most squeezable way. He's uber bishounen, and has such a beautiful design. I've only got the first graphic novel from Tokyo Pop, and I saw a few episodes of the anime when it was on ACTION! but I went on the internet and researched all I could and, like, woah! So many beautiful pictures, so much info.
4. Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto) What can I say? He has big blue eyes, whisker marks (jeeze as if that isn't enough?) he's blond, he's obnoxious, he has a tragic past but is everlastingly cheerful anyway, he's adorably innocent (he finds Icha Icha Tactics boring for goodness' sake!) and finally, he's just too darned cute not to be uke! And he can turn into a girl at will... (Did I mention the big blue eyes?)
3. Kurosaki Hisoka (Yami no Matsuei) So fucking cute it's not funny. Literally not funny. He's just the most lovely character I have ever seen. I can't even think of the words to say why...He's just... wow, God, I can't even describe him. Go find some drawings or screencaps of him to see what I mean. And really, his looks are only half of the reason he's so high on this list. Besides that, there's his past and history that just makes you wanna huggle him to your bosom and chase away his demons. He has nightmares and is afraid of the dark, for very good reason, but is still a really kick ass character that doesn't let the bad stuff bring him down. Too far anyway.(am I shamelessly pimping or what?*sweatdrop*) I really strongly suggest any fangirl to read this manga and/or watch this anime, because if Hisoka's circumstance doesn't make you cry, then you're not really a fangirl
2. Shindou Shuichi (Gravitation) ...Another 'duh' one...He's the main character of one of (if not the) most well known shounen-ai/yaoi manga/anime's out there, as well as canonically uke. Even if that wasn't so, he's so stereotypically uke I was tempted to put him at number one simply because of this. His almost ludicrously ukeism is thus far uncontested, except maybe in comedies, and the whole canon thing made him the prime contender for the number one spot. However, there is one other character in all of anime, (that I know of) who, at the end, had dear Shuichi beat. I think you'll agree with me.
And finally, the ULTIMATE uke is...
1. Mouto Yuugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!) He's perfecly cute, insanely kind, purely sweet, hopelessly innocent, woefully naive, ridiculously petite, tragically emo, and utterly, utterly lovable. And he's got big violet eyes!!!! *squeegles helplessly* It doesn't hurt that he has not a single dominant bone in his body. He is the living, breathing, personification of the word Uke when applied to yaoi fandom. For anyone who doesn't agree... have you actually seen him? He's so uke that if he was any uke-er he would have to be classified as asexual, because there isn't a category of uke that goes beyond him. Like seriously. There's just no possible way he could be any more uke! He wears a collar, dammit!
So this is my contribution.